Thursday, June 24, 2010

What knot.

Lately, all I see are wedding pictures, wedding invites, engagement photos and the likes. Pusing kanan, orang tengah salam tok kadi, pusing kiri, orang tengah posing ambik gambar dengan pengantin. Don't get me wrong, I am so happy for them. So happy that I compile all these wedding and engagements photos into a private album and browse through it when I'm in the mood for love.

Of course not. Gila ka?

It just got me thinking, 5 years ago, I would never have thunk about this whole wedding wedding thing. But now, as much as I try to deny it, it pops up once in a while. Tak habis belajar lagi nak pikir pasal kahwin. Apa tak ambitious langsung diri ni?

I don't mean it like I want to get married NOW. It's just nice to berangan once in a while on how your own wedding would turn out to be. Try it, it's quite awesome. Honestly.

Tipula kalau tak rasa jeles sedikit pun kan? That's a given fact. Especially when you've reached quater of a century, you tend to feel pressured by your peers and would like to think that you're not missing out. Honestly speaking, it's not that, that I'm jealous about. It's more of how these people, are finally at a point where they are ready, and that's a huge deal. They are ready to be committed, ready to become a dutiful wife (kot), ready to become a mother, and not even complaining about it.

When that is concerned, I feel quite like a child. I feel like these people are sometimes way older than me. They look so sublimely, happy and collected. I'm just happy and berterabur. I know I have so many things lined up before I can even think about getting married, but it is nice to sometimes think of how your life would change, once you're ready to settle down.

Of course, the hoopla doesn't hurt either. Presents, wedding dress, etc etc...Okay, I'm not going to let myself be carried away.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment