Sunday, June 20, 2010

Random

It occured to me how I've met so many random people on my life. They started ever since childhood! Amongst all, there are the three people whom I've never got the chance to meet ever since I was 14.

There was Geoffrey Williams. He and his family migrated to Malaysia for a while from Australia in the early 90's. He used to ride his bike around the field, being a pest, annoying everyone that he knew (me included), but somehow or rather, we became friends. So, I joined him riding the bike after a while. I used to remember how worried my mom's friends were because he was known to be a troublemaker. Though, in fact, I think he was just a little boy lost. His mom was married again to an Indian man, and under one roof, they had 3 type of religions, all living together. Geoff's mom, stepdad and his two little siblings were Hindus, Geoff and his eldest brother were Muslims, and the rest remained Catholics. They even got featured in a magazine once for having such an eclectic household. I remember how he used to go to the Mosque for prayers during Ramadhan, just so that he could join in for the feast later. Couldn't blame him, so many other boys did the very same thing. He was probably one of the most random person I've ever met, and I wonder where exactly he is right now. Some said the whole family moved back to Australia. Oh well.

And then there's Geoffrey's friend, Arnold. Arnold wasn't much of a talker. But he was always, always with Geoffrey doing..weird mischievous stuff. One very distinct memory I had of him was when the two of them used to hide under this one big tree, or more like in the tree, hidden by the bulk of leaves, and scared random strangers away. I used to be one of those people they used to tease, whenever we passed that goddamn tree. So one day, my best friend Aeliaa and I decided to see what exactly were they doing in the tree, but first, we waited for them to go elsewhere. So, we climbed the tree, ransacked their bags and found pots and pans with a big drawing book, containing weird doodles of their names in random sizes. So weird.

And last but not least, there's Sergei. From the name, we know he's Russian. Although at that time, he was just that stupid, annoying white boy, who had the guts to go screaming in front of my house saying he was sorry. I really can't remember what he was sorry for. But boy was he such a pervert. He made very inappropriate connotations when he saw me licking a lollipop. Yup, need I say more? Also, he must be one of the rudest person I've ever met, and honestly I have nothing nice to say about him, except that I hope he's grown up and didn't turn out a bigger pervert. I kinda kept whatever I thought about him to myself because he was really good friends with my-then best friend, Dahman (who moved to England after a few years, but our families still keeps in touch whenever they come back to Malaysia). I still remember how I was so sad that he was becoming a really bad influence to my friend. Oh, but what I found out 2 years ago when Dahman visited was, Dahman's dad concluded that Sergei's dad was a Russian spy! (I swear I'm not high or crazy) That's because, he used to get really weird transmission radio signals and they're always coming from Sergei's house. So, after a while, Dahman's dad told Dahman to stay away. And till now, no one really knew what happened to them. They just seemed to have packed up and leave. So weird.

Sometimes, like at this moment, I really wonder what happened to all of them. Geoffrey especially. He must be the most unique amongst all. Because he hung out with Malay boys ever too often, he had developed the Malay coloquial, as his way of conversing with his friends. I remember talking to him in "aku and kau" at one point, and boy did he sound more Malay than me. Not kidding.

Okay, this has been a really random post.

No comments:

Post a Comment