Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hummah!

Five years ago, I never knew what a Hummer was. My brother kept on obsessing about this particular vehicle saying that it was by far the coolest thing he's ever seen. So whenever I see a Hummer on the streets, I'll let him know and he'll be gushing. He even made me get him a model of the Hummer from the hobby shop in Adelaide (which I didn't because it was a waste of money). I kept seeing these Hummer limos on the streets of Adelaide, filled with people, screaming out of excitement. Indeed it was awesome looking. And I kept thinking, one day, I'll see how it feels like to be on one those, just to get the feel. So last year when my family and I went to the states, my brother insisted we rented the Hummer limo for an hour, going around the streets in Vegas. The normal me would opt against that, because it would be such a waste of money. However, I was so curious, and decided, why the hell not? Turns out, renting it for an hour was not too bad (100 USD) and it was worth the experience. Though if it's with your family, how much screaming can you do?

So tonight, a friend decided to treat all of us for a Hummer ride around Adelaide city, in one of those flashy pink Hummer limos. It was beyond awesome. They were punctual, picked us outside the restaurant, had drinks (even non-alcoholic ones, yay for me!) and snacks on board, music videos to our liking and the interior was fabulous. It was nothing compared to the Hummer in Vegas. The seats were well maintained, the ride was smooth and they even allocated some time for us to take pictures with it (jakunla katakan). So for the whole hour, we took pictures, laughed, talked, drank, ate and it was all so much fun. Lastly, they dropped us right in front of this club, to end the night.

So thank you Azima, for this once in a lifetime opportunity. It was all that you imagined it to be. To some, it may not be a big deal. And to some others, this whole gushing over a vehicle would sound so shallow. But trust me, it's one of those moments that you'd have to experience yourself before judging. It's nice to feel like one of them Gossip Girls, just once :) Tee hee hee xx


No comments:

Post a Comment