Thursday, June 10, 2010

Jolene can't wait

You know that feeling before your first date? Extremely nervous, cat got your tongue, butterfly in your tummy?

Exactly what I'm feeling, every once in a while. Why? Simple. After graduation, I have no idea which path to take on.

I believe that everyone who wants to achieve something, be it anything, already has a masterplan. It may work, it may not. The plan may have loopholes, but you'll work around it and if it becomes lesser of something, it is never less of a plan. I guess when there is a plan, there is a goal, and there are these two walls which separates you from all distractions, because all that is visible is what lies at the end of the tunnel.

As much as I would like to think that it is normal for 25 year olds to be lost, I really do think spending six years in another country, away from home and the reality of it, has a lot to do with the lack of having a solid plan. For me, anyways. I guess things are just starting to feel like home in a different place. You get comfortable, lost in the routine, and lose sight of what was it that you once wanted to achieve. (a degree, is kind of a given answer :p)

Dwell in it no longer, I'm pretty sure along the way, having six months left to finishing school, I will figure something out. And once I do, I'm putting those two walls back again. At least for the time being :)





No comments:

Post a Comment