Sunday, June 27, 2010

She rambles on and on about nothing.

Thinking about starting work (InsyaAllah) next year makes me both excited and nervous at the same time. I know for one that I'm really not the type that can handle a 9-5 job, as much as I want to. Though, beggar can't be choosers, kan? There is a high possibility that I might end up with a 9-5 job, hating and loving it at the same time. I have been a student for 6 years and it's not funny. Did a degree halfway and decided to change to another. So much so that I am so comfortable living a student life, where everything is fine and dandy (to a certain extent). However, we all need to move up to another phase and eventually realize that you owe yourself something bigger and better.

There are so many things that I want to do beforehand. I want to travel the world, I want to gain more experiences, I want to be able to have all the time in the world to read as many books, I want to be able to go hiking every weekend, I want to sit at home and sew bags and clothing items, I want to do so many things before I start working.

And I know once I start working, I'd have so little time to myself that I might just spend my weekends at home, watching television and surfing the net.

Life is fair. If I had not done architecture for three years, I might've been able to take a year off and do all these things, but as they say, you don't always get what you want. I'm just hoping that I'd still get to retain bits and pieces of my hobbies and interests when I start working, and still be able to indulge in them.

I'm not saying that working people are boring or that they have no life. I'm saying that sometimes they are not being given the extra time to indulge in themselves because they are working so hard to plan for the future.

So, yes. That's what I need to do. From now on, I need a plan. I need to plan my life straight from I'm 25-50. I don't want to be stuck in a job because I have to and not knowing why I'm there. I don't want to just be waking up at 9 and coming back at 5, without knowing what my next step is going to be. We all have a choice and even though I'm slightly late to be realizing this, I know I still have a choice of what I want to do with my life.

I shall not give in to the rat race. I just want to earn enough for myself (and for my family, that comes a lot later) and enjoy the other things in life. But I will promise that I will do my best in what I venture to do, but to not lose focus of what I want to achieve. And that is to be happy and content.





No comments:

Post a Comment