Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie

The match between Ghana and Australia had just finished. It was a draw. It ended so dramatically, with one player injured, squirting blood all over. Suddenly soccer becomes a really violent game. Maybe it always have been, I just never paid too much attention. I have to say though, I may not know much about soccer/football, but Australia really don't look sexy playing it. They look like they're too full-on, you know like a dog with rabies, on the prowl for victims. Not smooth or swift, even. However, they kinda played well tonight, except for the red card by Kewell, which honestly speaking, was a bit too harsh. Poor Kewell :p

For the sake of World Cup, I'll try watching a few matches. Though honestly, my attention span is really on a spiral when soccer is concerned. Pray that I don't end up with a soccer freak whose idea of a date is watching the EPL on the big mamak screen with all his mates, shouting every time their team scores. Don't get me wrong, it can be pretty cute, seeing boys being boys. But how long can you actually sit there, pretending you like the game? While everyone is really into the game, there you are, giving the most ridiculous comments or even supporting a team for the sake of supporting, so that you look good in front of your boyfriend's mates. Truth be told, I feel quite sorry for girls who have to endure that. I do, on the other hand, feel envious of couples who like soccer together, and watch the game together, because that's what they both enjoy. But you always see the former type couples everywhere. Gf nampak bosan gila, bf jerit macam rempit, and gf main main dengan straw minuman sambil tangkap gambar syok sendiri. Yo yo yo.

Oh well, to each his own. I better not make any preemptive judgments on people, or stereotype them. Who knows? I might even like football, and will be dragging my (non-existent at the time being) I-don't-care-about-soccer partner to the mamak, at 3 am in the morning.

On that note: Go Italia! (just because).


No comments:

Post a Comment