Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lying

I should be sleeping, but somehow the urge to continue studying won me over. I came across a very interesting quote which we can all relate to. According to Paul Ekman, the author of the book "Telling Lies", withholding important information is one of the primary ways of lying.

So to girls/guys out there, whenever you are faced in a situation such as this, you are not crazy for thinking what you're about to think.

"You said, you were going to work late today. So, how come a call came in today for you, saying you forgot your coat and that Barry/Linda was going to give it tomorrow to you during lunch? Oh and they also said how you sang beautifully during the Karaoke session! You lied to me"

"Oh honey, I did go to work. I just didn't tell you about dinner because I figured it was not important. (Karaoke during 'working late'? Are you friggin kidding me??") I didn't lie to you. I just didn't tell you, that's all"

Nope, still lying. Liar. So, take note.


No comments:

Post a Comment