Thursday, July 15, 2010

Talk

This has nothing to do with anything but I don't like guys with shrilly voice (and talk a lot with that too). They remind me of something unpleasant, like a smelly mustache dipped in cranberry sauce, giving you that- eh is this nice, is this not? I know it's not nice but maybe I could give it a chance? I mean it is cranberry sauce. No, it's smelly. Let's just stick to that. Though, who am I to judge? I'm no Macy Gray myself. Yes, that was not a mistake. Macy Gray, don't you just love her?

Macy Gray. Her voice exudes this mixed emotions. Is she sad? Is she happy? Is the song supposed to be sad? Is it supposed to be happy? Angry even? You'd never know. It's like just when you think she's singing about happy, then you think, mmmmaybe it's just her trying to cover up her sadness within? You'd never know. All that from just her voice. Miraculous. It's like you turn on your ipod at 2 am, whilst having yourself covered in the thickest of duvet, with the AC on, and the first song that plays on random was "I try". See, I'd be kidding and sort of pretentious if I were to mention a totally different and unknown song, where you readers, would have to google it, and not instantly know what I'm talking about. Cos let's face it, the only people I know who own a Macy Gray cd are the Gilmore Girls and they're not even real. Then again, I don't know that many people all around. Maybe they download out of curiosity. Back to the back to, so you listen to "I try" in all the condition I was telling you about and then you close your eyes for a minute, while trying to engage to the song. When you come to the part where she sings "I believe that fate has brought us here.." you frown. You realise that hey, this is supposed to be sort of a sad song, but why, why do you feel light? Do you believe that her tone could have been more hopeful rather than too confident? It was like she truly believed fate brought them there, how could you feel sad for people like that? I'm so not saying that her voice is funny. In fact, I find it beautiful. It's a myriad of different colorful expressions, all by just listening to one song. And the chorus...it sort of becomes this whole joke. Why would you joke about something sad, like a break up? I love the enunciation though. It's as if we really can't hear her well enough if the 'try' was narrowed down a notch.

Dear good good people. This post is going absolutely nowhere. It had nothing to do with the voice of the guy I encountered today because that would be mean. It did not lead to me thinking about Macy Gray, because I simply adore her, and her one song. It did not make me think with that written, it was going nowhere, because that would be too ostentatious, no?


No comments:

Post a Comment