Friday, July 16, 2010

Bunnies.

My cousin lost a baby earlier this year. It was going to be her first. She's 27 and her husband is 35. I can't even begin to describe how really sad the situation was for them. Matters worse, it was going to be my aunt's first grandchild. My cousin not only lost her baby in her 7 month pregnancy, but had to go through normal labour, pantang and all, only without a child.

So I visited her today and she was smiling. She came bearing very good news. She is pregnant again...with twins! Even better, they're not identical twins. It was as if God took away their first child and gave it back together with the next one. I do believe that God works in mysterious ways. What are the odds of having non-identical twins? Very rare if you ask me. I only know two (four if you want to count numbers) non-identical twins in my life. Alhamdulillah.

Sometimes I think of the ridiculous situation I was being put through for the past 5 years, and not being strong enough to pull myself out of it. Now, I begin to see the whole point of it. It hurt like hell, it made me stupidly change my course of study like I'm some fucking retard, it made me close to a potential crazy person and many more. What I realise now is that it made me see how I was able to enjoy life without the crazies, how I'm able to quickly recover from a bruise and how I've gained friends that I don't think I would have had the energy to form a relationship with, had I not phase and pull myself out of the predicament.

You just need to have faith, and really believe. Having said that, what I do believe in is 90 percent effort and then you leave it up to fate ;)

2 comments:

  1. true abt the mysterious ways.

    my sister in law miscarried earlier this year, and she's living in Ireland while my brother is in Turkmenistan! she had to go through it all alone..imagine that.

    but anyways perhaps it is better than having to go thru PREGNANCY itself alone right?

    mysterious ways indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my..how long was she when she miscarried? And wow, she must have been so strong...i couldn't imagine if I was in her position. On that note, I really respect married couples who stay abroad and still manage themselves well. Salute weh.

    ReplyDelete