Thursday, July 8, 2010

Baboon has no extra b

At times like these, I really feel like listening to Pink Floyd's 'Wish you were here'. Awesome piece.

Exam ended with a bang. Forget how cold that Friday morning was, I was sneezing throughout my paper, and by the time it finished, I was coughing too. Yay. Though, it was the most amazing feeling in the world. I felt like I haven't properly showered + dressed up + eaten in days. So, to get that bloody paper done with felt like a hot molten sundae on a very sunny day. It means fullamak! The finishing of exams bore me with another gift: Sab arrived! To cut a long story short, we managed to talk, eat, shop, walk, played games, and all the other verbs you could think of, in a span of 4 days. It felt too soon, though. We didn't get to go to the beach (yes. hell no in winter), the park (hell no in winter), the ice skating rink (okay, now I'm just trying to find random places which you'd hate to be around during winter). All in all, it was good fun and we're hoping for a second visit. Soon after, I boarded the plane for Malaysia. Too awesome for words.

Now, as awesome as it was, it was randomly weird. First of all, it was the first time I was held up at the counter for 20 mins for nothing. Subsequently, they upgraded me to business class (but with standard coach food). Later, the supervisor came to tell me they wanted to block my seating area so they upgraded me to better seats which served better food. Also, they were too polite by asking me whether that will be okay. It was so weird. Like, would I really object to a free upgrade with better food?

After 6 hrs of half sleeping/half sneezing/half coughing, I was given a surprise. A plastic bag full of kacang. The stewardess said "Nah, kasi kat org kampung". I was so overwhelmed, I thanked her and said my mom is a really big fan of those salted peanuts. My cousin who used to work with the airline used to bring back bags and bags of those nuts for her. Anyway, soon after she knew that, she gave me another plastic bag full of nuts, together with mouthwash (?), mugs (like those ceramic ones), wineglass (?), glasses (??), socks and some other stuff I can't remember. It was so so random! Though, Alhamdulillah. Sangat bersyukur.

Now, I'm back for 3 weeks in KL. It amazes me how my mum keeps my room so clean and tidy for months, and it only takes me one day to destroy that happy picture. Haha. Now, to find that cheap, colorful carpet from Ikea. Everytime I come back, I always find it hidden somewhere, and I'd have to drag it out from Godknowswhere to put it back where it belongs, in front of my bed, next to my cupboard. I don't know what my mom or my maid have against my carpet. It's blue+orange+green+white, and so pretty. Okay, so it doesn't exactly match anything in my room. Big deal. There's still that piece of hawaiian lei hung by the curtains and I don't see it being taken out. Okay, now I'm just observing what's wrong with my room and it's gonna get pretty boring and anal. So, imma leave that just between me and my personal thoughts.

ps: I have lost the ability to write like a person in a span of one week. Only a baboon would appreciate whatever I write now. Shit. This is so bad. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment