Thursday, July 1, 2010

Snow.


Winter is starting to get colder and colder everytime in Adelaide. Someone please do something about global warming!

While others love to dress up in winter clothing, all posh and and comfy, I would certainly opt to dress in lesser layers. First of all, those jackets are bulky and second, there are so many things to don on before you get really really comfortable (scarves, beanies, more scarves?). During these times, I adore the Malaysia weather. Though it is getting hotter as we speak, but its thoroughly awesome. You can get by with a shirt and jeans anytime, anyday.

Some people love the snow but me? NO. When in Phoenix, on the way to the Grand Canyon, there was snow along the way and we all went ooohhh and ahhhh (well me especially because my brother, mom and dad aside, I was the only one who hadn't seen snow before). As soon as we stepped out of the vehicle, oh lord! I was only able to pose for a few pictures and then it was back to the car. Yes, I'm uncool like that. And to spend the time making a snow man? No thank you!

I used to remember when we were young, my dad would bring us to Mines Wonderland, just to get the feel of how playing with snow would feel like (and of course it would cost cheaper than to bring us overseas haha). But dude, it is nothing compared to the real deal. I would say, Mines Wonderland was a whole lot better! I mean, you were given jackets and those warm bottles to keep your hands warm. So, we were playing with 'snow' in all its warmth! Haha, what an oxymoron.

Although I would have to say, snow makes everything look nicer, especially when it's nearing Christmas time. It gives that extra vibe to the already fun loving holiday and I love the decorations. When we took pictures at the Canyon, everything looked fake! It was as if some weird dimension decided to swallow the lot of us and bring us to Narnia! Haha. It was then that I truly believe my dad whenever he said "You's love to play with snow now, wait till you actually play with it, or wait till you actually have to live amongst snow". How very true. Not only were we cold enough as it is, there has to be trickles of snow in our boots and gloves (which obviously turned to icy cold water by the time we got into the vehicle). We were shivering like our lives depended on the heater, and the heater alone. Oh and like all other Malaysians, (or at least the very traditional one like me) I enjoyed the Nasi Lemak Auntie Shirin packed for us for the journey. She has been living in the states for about 15 years now and everytime a family member comes, it has become part of her touristy thing to bring them to the Canyon, and she knows just exactly what to pack, to make us feel like home. And boy was she right on target. We devoured the packet in just ten minutes (five minutes maybe for my brother), and it gave us that nice, warm feeling inside. Nasi Lemak in the Grand Canyon, EPIC.

So to those of you who would love to live amongst snow (snow I regard as a different being al together. I swear they have lives) just be thankful that you're in a place where even if it's hot, there's always the air conditioner to make your life a lot easier. I'm not being poyo. I'm being honest. Heck, why the hell did I not think of Hawaii when applying for a uni/college? Oh, that's right. The moolah. But awh, I could've hula-ed my way straight to a degree in all its awesomeness and people loving weather, and not to mention, the mouth-watering dudes. Drooooooooooool.

No comments:

Post a Comment