Thursday, October 28, 2010

Collections

Just the other day in class, we were having a discussion about personal habits and how collecting something derives from the need to express or even the need to reform. It goes both ways. Sometimes, you just collect and you have no idea why you have small decorative teacups everywhere, collected from different places you go. You don't even realise how these teacups correlates with one another because at that point of purchase, you might just think they're pretty and nothing more.

I've always had a penchant of collecting paper based things. Notebooks, books, boxes. I'm not an avid collector and no I don't go about the city finding papers to collect. I never did realize I collect these things until one day during spring cleaning, I found plenty of unused (or hardly used) notebooks scattered around everywhere. This does not include my room in KL. I'm sure there are plenty more. I guess I get attracted to the texture of paper. Every clean page gives me the visual of a good art piece yet to be drawn (in my case, never to be drawn). One good thing: this 'hobby' is cheap. One bad thing: It's useless and I'm a threat to trees. I guess I should start collecting something more useful. Like old records or something.

So, collected anything yet? You may never know, it might come in useful in awkward moments...

Person: Hi
You: Hi
Person: So, uh..weather's good today
You: Yeap, it definitely is. Very sunny.
Person: Yeah.
You: Yeah...So I collect wooden spoons..
Person: ....AND I COLLECT WOODEN FORKS! OMG.

....okay, the situation is highly unlikely, but you catch my drift right?

No comments:

Post a Comment