Thursday, October 28, 2010

Coffee

My morning is not complete without a cup of coffee. I have inherently become a middle aged person whose life will not start without a cuppa. As much as it all sounds very much in vain, I realise a cup of coffee is more than just getting your caffeine fix. It's about the first sip that you take while the coffee is still hot. It's about the smell of comfort when the aroma fills your nostrils. It's about how it psyches you into staying awake, and fresh.


Amongst all types of coffee, I only have 2 favorites. Flat white or Mocha. I'm never that adventurous to try anything else. Soy latte was introduced to me by Ron and I must say, only Cibo has the best Soy latte. Soy latte elsewhere taste a bit weird, sometimes plasticky. If that is even a word. Sometimes I think, the types of coffee you choose reflects the person you are. Between the two drinks, I have ordered Mocha the most number of times. I guess it shows how fickle-minded I am; coffee or hot chocolate? Might as well combine the two! On that note, I always find people who enjoy their lattes, the ones who love to pamper themselves the most. The coffee is often silky, not too frothy and smooth. Not too strong but not too weak (of course it depends on how many shots you want in it) but overall, it would seem like the kind of coffee one would have while they're vacationing in Athens, sitting by the seaside near the port, enjoying the summer breeze. Okay, on a completely different note, I want to go to Athens!


So anyway, I am completely distracted at the moment, as I'm enjoying a very good cup of iced mocha from Madera, a small independent cafe on Rundle St. I make sure I taste the essence of every sip because trust me, it's nothing short of beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment